Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Heavy Heart.

Yesterday Scott received a call asking if we could adopt the three kids that lived with us this time last year. Sharon (the mom) officially loses all rights to them next week. She doesn't want them separated or in foster care and desires for them to be with us. Initially, my hearts screams yes! I want to provide these children with a stable home where they never doubt for a second that they are loved deeply. I want them to know that they are precious, valued, and incredible kids. I want to introduce them to the One who created them, loves them infinitely, and desires a relationship with them. Yet, Scott & I can't provide this home for them.

And that is why my heart is heavy.


At this point, we do not have the wisdom, financial means, or the ability to raise three children. But most importantly we do not feel that God has not called us to adopt these children. He has called us to Chicago. And what I really need to understand is that God loves these children more than Scott and I could ever fathom and that He is in control. He has a purpose and plan for them beyond what our finite minds can understand. I have to trust Him in this situation. I surrender that His plans and ways are much greater than mine.



Yet, I know that it wasn't chance that Scott happened to almost run over this family while driving to church one Sunday. The Lord placed these children in our home for a purpose and I believe that purpose is still being seen through. We are to be warriors in prayer for these kids. We are to be a constant source of love and support. If they ever doubt being loved, they should always be able to think of us and be certain of our love.Though we are a long distance away, I have felt convicted to shower these children with our love in whatever means that may be, cards, phone calls, visits when we are home. The Lord has a purpose for our encounter and He has reminded me that purpose is not over yet.



The two boys are in a good foster home, but will probably never be adopted. Tameka is in another foster home and we are not sure about adoption. Our prayer is that they will be adopted into the Kingdom of Heaven to a perfect Father.

"For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together."
Romans 8:14-17 

1 comment:

  1. I will most definitely send up a prayer for these children.

    ReplyDelete