Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 21. Write a letter to your husband to encourage him

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." Ruth 1:16
Scott,

I cannot express how proud I am to be your wife. I thank/praise God daily for the gift of you. I have had the privilege of watching you grow and mature in the Lord which has encouraged and challenged me in my own walk. Since moving to Chicago, I have noticed this growth more than ever before and know it is Christ in you.

I have seen your compassion and love for people. Your heart's true desire is for people to experience the goodness of Jesus and to know life in Him. You are dedicated and willing to do whatever God calls you to fulfill this calling on your life. You are the aroma of Christ as you freeze your tail off at the dog park, garden in the Park, and work playground patrol at the school. (the only male, non-parent :) ) You inspire me.

You dream big. You receive a vision from the Lord and you go for it. I love this about you. You do not keep God in box, but realize his power, bigness, and majesty. Therefore, you do things that may seem abnormal or do not make the most practical sense and this to me, is beautiful. I know that our lives may not always be easy, but it will be an adventure as we surrender it to the Lord. 

You have a servant's heart. You have taken such good care of me as we have moved to this big city! Your acts of service whether it be cooking dinner, taking Selah out, driving me to school, and all the others have meant the world to me. I love feeling like we are a team, understanding that we will do whatever it takes to help one another pursue God's calling on our lives individually and as a family.

Thank you for loving me when I am unloveable, always making me feel beautiful, encouraging & rebuking me with God's word, making me laugh, and encouraging me to pursue Christ with all of my heart, mind, and strength.

I am so thankful God chose us to walk this journey together.

I love you,

Your Wife

2 comments:

  1. So sweet :) your posts always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh nash. this is lovely. and so encouraging to be able to receive just a GLIMPSE of your life together through this letter. i love you. you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete