Saturday, February 12, 2011

"Everybody's Workin for the Weekend"

Day 20.  Write about your job and why you love it or hate it. 


Since September, I have been blessed with the opportunity of working at Childtime Learning Center teaching two-year-olds. I was very thankful to be offered a job after living in Chicago for only a couple of weeks. I have always loved working with children, but the past two years I realized that I especially love working with preschool aged children. My favorite being the 2's and 3's. With that being said, I really like my job. I wake up every morning with the opportunity to love, teach, and help mold 18 precious kiddos, most of who spend more of their waking hours with us than their parents. And not only am I molding them, but they are molding me. They have taught me a lot about patience, love, and influence (they watch your every action & listen to every word). I also enjoy the relationships that have been formed between my co-workers and I. I work with many sweet, gifted ladies whose love for children is very evident. All in all, though working with 2's can be very challenging and tiring, it is also equally rewarding! 

1 comment:

  1. I tried working with this age and it was not for me, so I applaud your patience and dedication :) I think it is so, so important to have good teachers for these little ones, because like you said you spend most of their waking hours with them!

    ReplyDelete