Sunday, April 17, 2011

Project 31: Day 28

"Write about your insecurities as a woman."

Many of my insecurities as a woman stem from a voice whispering your not enough. The problem with this lie is that it takes many forms and throughout my life I have experienced them all.

You're not smart enough.
You're not pretty enough.
You're not good enough.
You're not talented enough.

But thankfully, I serve a God who is MORE than enough. In reality, I am human. I fail. I don't always measure up to what is expected of me. And that is okay. It is okay because of Christ's grace.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12: 9-10

Honestly,being "not enough" is very true of me. God has called me to many things, that in my own power and my own strength, I am too weak and completely incapable. Yet, the beautiful part of all this is that God uses a weak individual to reveal Himself to others. Now, the "not enough" is a lie because Christ lives inside me and HE makes me more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment