Sunday, April 24, 2011

My Chicago Favorites

Chicago has endless amounts of things to do and see. Thankfully, many of which are free. Scott and I have really enjoyed discovering different parts of our new city. We have heard that Chicago is the best city to live in during the summer and we are looking forward to participating in some of these Spring/Summer events.  I am also always scouting out things that my family & friends can do when they come to visit. (Hopefully some will be visiting soon now that the crazy winter months are coming to an end!) I have decided to compile a list of some of my Chicago favorites to offer to guests that want to experience and get to know the city. 

The first on the list: Molly's Cupcakes



Now I am a sucker for cupcakes, so when a friend from Denton told me about this place Scott & I checked it out the first week of living here. The founder of Molly's cupcakes was inspired by his 3rd grade teacher, Miss. Molly, who baked cupcakes for each of her students on their birthdays. Their mission, in honor of Miss. Molly and helping students, is to donate a portion of their products to schools in the community. So every time you buy a delicious cupcake it helps supports Chicago Public Schools. I may just have to sacrifice and eat lots of cupcakes in honor of education. :)

1 comment:

  1. I fully support your mission of eating cupcakes to help others, lol ;) These look too yummy!

    ReplyDelete