Saturday, April 16, 2011

Celebrating Passion Week

Last year, Scott & I started a family tradition of observing and celebrating passion week. It was very meaningful to us and we would like to share it with others.  We would read, discuss, and pray together to focus and remember what Jesus did each day of the week.

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed."

You can find the passion week time line we are going to use, here  .

Palm Sunday

Jesus enters Jerusalem.

Read: Matthew 21:1-11.

Monday:

Jesus clears the temple.

Read: Matthew 21: 12-21

Tuesday:

Jesus teaches.

Read: Matthew 21:23-24:51

Wednesday:

The record is silent.

Read: Isaiah 53

Extended time in prayer together.

Thursday:

Jesus celebrates Passover & is arrested and tried.

Read: Matthew 26:14-31-27:26

We celebrated by eating a passover meal together.
This was a neat experience, as we discovered the meaning
behind why each food was prepared & chosen.

Our passover meal. 
Friday:

Jesus is crucified.

Matthew 27:27-66

Watch the Passion of Christ.

Spend time in prayer.

Saturday:

Sealing of the Tomb.

Read: Matthew 27: 62-66.

I'm planning on planting a flowers for my window sill.

Resurrection Sunday:

Christ is Risen!

Read: Matthew 28.

We will celebrate at church and then at lunch with fellow believers.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you learn to prepare the passover meal? I am interested in doing it with my husband.

    I think this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan.
    I got the idea from this website:
    http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/04/why-a-christian-family-may-celebrate-passover-a-messianic-seder/

    Then I just googled it for extra information!

    I hope this is helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete