Sunday, January 30, 2011

Project 31: Day 10.

Day 10.  What is Jesus teaching you as a wife, mom, or friend? (Or just woman in general?)

Photo from: www.weheartit.com
The big overarching theme of what Jesus has been teaching me lately has implications for all of my relationships. Jesus is always moving, always speaking to us, so why do I not hear Him at times? One, because I am not paying attention. Two, because my life is too loud/busy. I have been learning that I need to quiet & slow down in order to hear what the Lord is trying to speak into mine and other's lives. My absolute favorite moments of my day are in the mornings. They are quiet (when the "el" is not passing by) and distraction free. I am able to read, pray, worship and have an intimate time with the Lord. Yet, throughout the day I begin to lose that focus and when I come home from a long day I relax through media. I do not want to devote just one part of my day to hearing the Lord speak, but I want to listen and communicate with Him at all times.

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." 
Revelation: 3: 20

Lord, help me to quiet my life to where I can hear your voice. I do not want to miss one opportunity to dine with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment