Ethnic Food.
Chicago is a great place to try many diverse types of cultural food. There are endless options and lately I have had some opportunities to try some new places out!
For a friend's birthday a couple of weeks ago we tried out Cumin, an Indian/Nepalese restaurant in Wicker Park. It was a fun experience, we ordered many different dishes and tasted a little bit of everyones. I had only had Indian food once or twice before in NYC so it was great eating it in our own neighborhood.
There has been another addition to Wicker Park restaurants lately, called the Falafel and Grill. Scott and I have eaten there a couple of times. Not too long ago I tried my very first falafels and they were tasty.
One of my favorite culture and dining experiences, was with a group of friends at a Korean BBQ restaurant. One of our friends is half Korean and was able to educate us on some of the foods and ways they are prepared. It was really delicious and fun to prepare the food right on the table!
Maybe one day I will actually know what I am ordering and how to pronounce at these restaurants!
It's so much fun to try new foods. Cooking a bunch of new, different foods is one of my favorite ways to spend time with my mom.
ReplyDelete~Aidyl
aidylewoh.blogspot.com