This past New Year's Eve, Scott and I were overjoyed to learn that we were expecting a baby. About four tests and a doctor's appointment later the reality of this new gift began to sink in and actually still is! We feel extremely blessed beyond measure and continue to praise God for this new life He is creating inside me. It blows my mind that an actually baby is forming inside of my body- it is such a beautiful thing and a complete miracle from Christ.
Already, Christ has been teaching me a new dependence on Him. (I imagine the journey of parenthood will continue to teach much further dependence) He is the giver of life and the only one who can sustain this life growing inside of me and we have been depending on Him to take care of our baby.
Through these first few months, I am also reminded of how Christ's presence is always with us. Just as the baby is always with me, inside of me growing and forming, so is His presence with me. This gift has been such a tangible reminder of how we are never alone as we follow Him. He is there guiding us every step of the way.
There are times of fear as we think about raising our baby, but the Lord is reminding me to focus on becoming more and more like Him. After-all, He is the perfect Father. I pray that Scott and I will imitate Christ and be molded by Him so that we can be empowered to be like Him to our child.
Praise God for the gift of life! Praise God for being our perfect Father!

No comments:
Post a Comment