Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Beginning of "Thankful Thursday"

I have been completely blessed to read the book, 1,000 Gifts by Ann Voscamp. I have had the book for quite sometime, but just recently picked it up off my bookshelf to read and it has been perfect timing. Ann writes about the importance of having joy in all circumstance and continually giving thanks to Christ throughout the day. She compiled a list of things that she is thankful for, recording 1,000 things. I also have started my own list. I have grown and learned much in the past weeks of recognizing and recording gifts from God.

  • I have become more aware of Christ's presence in my life as I look for things to be thankful for. He has truly blessed me so much and I want to experience joy in Him as I recognize the way He is moving in my life. 
  • My ungrateful and selfish heart has been laid bare as I realize how I miss out on the act of thankfulness when I am concerned solely about myself. I recognize where I need Christ's transforming power to truly consider others and their feelings above my own.
  • My gaze is slowly not becoming on my own life but on the goodness and character of God. 
Thank you Christ for

never forsaking me. 

pieces of Texas. 

a front yard for Selah.


a new neighborhood to start our family in. 

hearing two-year-olds laughter when I turn on the bubble machine.
friends that helped us move and paint.
your constant, unfailing presence.
a growing baby girl.
how you have built Mosaic Church.
women's community at our Village time.

"Enter His gates with thanksgiving, And his courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name."
Psalm 100:4

No comments:

Post a Comment