I have been grateful for God's provision in our lives again lately:
This past semester has been a very busy and stretching one. I felt like my time was devoted to many things and I was stretched as I tried to listen daily to the Lord's voice, asking him to guide me on how to use my time. (many times I failed) Scott and I began praying this summer about me working part-time so I could devote more energy to the needs of our community in Wicker Park. We felt that the Lord was leading me to cut back on some of my hours which left our budget extremely tight. (about a dollar off every month) Yet, we both felt that it needed to be done.
So today, I was called into my manager's office and told that I would be getting a raise. After doing the math, I figured out that I will be getting paid the exact same amount that I was while working full time. The Lord provided right down to the very last penny. He is so good and so personal. It is definitely not coincidence that it ended up being the very same amount and He wanted Scott and I to know that.
Another special blessing this week is that we have two new co-laborers for Mosaic Church. Aaron & Ashley Cauble have stepped out in faith moving from Texas to Chicago to follow Christ as He is moving in Wicker Park. Tonight, after our crazy youth/kids night, Scott and I were talking and I realized that they could not have come at more perfect timing. The Lord provided for our need of help engage the community, reminding me that He does not only provide financial but in ALL things. There is such a comfort and peace in following Christ, knowing that there will be difficult times but that He will never stray from us and holds us in the palm of His hand.
Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all of your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
I love seeing specific examples of how God provides like this! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDelete