Saturday, August 27, 2011

Friday's Favorite

A Slice of Home

Scott surprised me last week and took me on a date to a restaurant in the suburbs. Driving up, I knew that this wasn't just any restaurant as I saw the beautiful, glorious Texas flag hanging in the window. The owner of Austin BBQ lived in Austin to learn how to make Texas style BBQ and then brought it back to the Chicagoland area. BBQ is cool and all, but the best part of this place lays in two words: Blue Bell. Yes, they serve authentic Blue Bell ice cream. As some of you know, Blue Bell is sold in only 20 states and Illinois is not one of them. And as anyone knows who has tasted delicious Blue Bell ice cream all other brands pales in comparison- it is in a league of its own. So, obviously Blue Bell has been greatly missed in the life of the Venables, but at least we found a little slice of home semi-close by to us. 

Have yourself a Blue Bell Country Day.

Did I mention they also serve Dublin Dr.Pepper?

No comments:

Post a Comment