Scott and I stumbled across another Chicago treasure this weekend, The Bongo Room. I am a huge fan of breakfast food and took notice of the restaurant right down the street. Scott ordered a ham & cheese omelet and I had oreo banana pancakes. My husband was taken a little off guard as my excitement of this discovery turned into giggling and then small tears of happiness! Yes, after ordering I laughed until I cried . If you had seen the menu you may have been overwhelmed with joy also. I am hoping to become a regular at The Bongo Room!

After breakfast we visited our local library. I checked out "A Mercy" by Toni Morrison. It is the current read for the Chicago book club. The Chicago Public Library has a program called "One Book, One Chicago." Each month a book along with a reading guide is featured and provided at the local libraries. Throughout the month programs & events are offered that correlated with the reading selection. There will be a staged reading and genealogy workshops among many other activites. Towards the end of the month there will be a community book discussion at the library.

I also started my job this past week at Childtime Learning Center! I am in the Early Learners class with 16 precious, energetic 2-year-olds. And, I love it! Our center represents families from over 20 different countries. The Lord yet again has been so incredibly faithful and answered our prayers for a job as well as opened up a place to share His love. This past week I have been constantly reminded of Him in the beauty and innocence of the children.
yummers! you are so cool ashley nash. gah.
ReplyDelete