Today I fell in love with Sundays in Wicker Park. During the summer/fall seasons a local farmer's market sets up in our neighborhood. Strolling through the park you will find fruit, flowers, yummy pastries, and of course lots of people and dogs.This morning Scott and I woke up, ate breakfast, and headed out to the market. We stopped to taste test different kinds of cheese, look at the beautiful flowers, and for Selah to meet some sweet babies and other dogs. She is a Wicker Park hit!
After much anticipation on Selah's end, we final arrived at the dog park where the slobber and tennis balls flowed like milk and honey. Selah loves chasing dogs while Scott and I enjoy getting to know their owners. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming here. Today we met Grizzly, Mr. Miyagi, and their owners. Our prayer is that we see them again in our community and build strong relationships with them. Scott and I have met many people in our community, but many we have not seen more than once. Will you please join us in prayer asking the Lord to place these people in our paths multiple times, even daily?
We are thankful to be here. We are still adjusting as it is much different than Texas and hard to be away from family and friends, yet the Lord is so incredible faithful. We are depending fully on Him to build His church as we seek his guidance, direction, and daily presence. Our greatest prayer need is for us to build deep relationships with people in our community and at my job. And as for next Sunday in Wicker Park, I will be bringing cash for some yummy crepes and fresh bread.
ash!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog! Chicago sounds awesome! I can't wait to read more!!! Keep me posted!