Bittersweet.
This word always sums up my emotions as I leave Chicago for Texas and later leaving Texas for Chicago. At times, I feel like I am leading two separate lives 955 miles apart. The thought always crosses my mind of how wonderful it would be to have those lives intersect and have all the people I love in one place. Whatever place that would be would be my home.
But in times of transition I am reminded I am not home. Texas is not my home. Chicago is not my home. In actuality, I have no home on this earth. ("Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." Luke 9:58) My true home is in heaven. I experience pieces of that here on this Earth, but not in its complete fullness as I will one day. I have the promise of a heavenly home with my perfect Father.
I am thankful for this promise.
I am thankful for the bittersweet feeling because it reminds me of something bigger.
I am thankful that my identity is a daughter of God and not defined by the people I am surrounded by and the location I am in.
I am thankful that although my location and situation changes, I serve an unchanging God who is with me wherever I go.
I am thankful that He is teaching me about the family of God.
I am thankful that Christ has placed an abundance of incredible people that love and encourage me in my life.
Sometimes I become truly overwhelmed with how blessed my life is. My prayer is that I can pour out those blessings to others.
No comments:
Post a Comment