On Monday, Scott & I will be celebrating two awesome years of marriage. I seriously cannot believe it has been that long. I am truly blessed & so very thankful to the Lord for bringing us together and being a constant presence throughout our journey. Marriage is something that is constantly growing & changing me and as I reminiscence on our second year Christ has revealed these things to me:
- Never base decisions on the potential stress it could cause your marriage, but only in obedience to God's leading. There have been two callings on our lives specifically, when I remember thinking: I hope this does not cause stress on our relationship. One of those times was when after six months of marriage, God brought three kids ages 9,12 & 14 to live with us. The other was when we surrendered to Christ's leading to Chicago. These decisions could have indeed caused a lot of stress on a newlywed couple, or any couple for that matter, but when Christ calls a couple to something it actually unifies and strengthens the bond between them.
- One of my favorite things about marriage is that it is a team effort. I believe Scott & I both have individual ministries & callings as well as a unified calling. Right now I am pursuing getting my teaching certificate & working full time to allow for Scott to have more time & energy for the church plant. We have had some what of a role reversal in our home and I love how we can work together as one to allow for each other to pursue what God wants us to individually & as a couple.
- Marriage is a beautiful thing. I was reminded of this while watching Meet Joe Black the other night:
Joe Black: ......But Allison loves you?
Quince: Quince nods yes.
Joe Black: How do you know?
Quince: Because she knows the worst things about me and it's ok.
Through Scott God has shown me a piece of his tangible love. Scott knows the worst things about me, all of my failures & imperfections and yet it is ok, he still loves me. I praise God for that! Thank you Lord for two wonderful years and for a partner to walk through this life with serving you!

Excellent lessons! Happy anniversary!
ReplyDelete