Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Reckless Thoughts



"For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not on the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete."

I find that a lot of my offenses to God start in my head and result in actions. Many times my thoughts manifest into pride, selfishness and insecurity. Praise God that he had already forgiven me and loves me despite of my shortcomings, but I do not want to miss out on the blessing of walking closely with him because of my sin. I want to dwell in the Lord's presence, I want His Spirit to reign all over me. I want to meditate on Paul's words to take my thoughts captive and make them obedient to Christ so that my heart and actions will be glorifying to my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment